Monday, May 4, 2009

The Skunk Sprayed!!!

Imagine putting a rotten onion sprinkled with garlic in your oven and leaving it there for a few weeks to ferment. Then, after it's nice and stagnant with mold juices flowing, turn on the oven.

THATS THE AROMA WAFTING THROUGH MY HOUSE AT THIS VERY MOMENT! Thanks to PePe Le Pew, the skunk that placed residence in the crawl space under our house about a week ago. Actually, she's been there longer, we just found out about her a week ago when our neighbor saw her squeeze into the 4in,x6in forklift holes under our AC unit.

We hired some Skunk Dude to set up a few traps but she didn't take the bait due to bad rain in our area. Last night, John heard some action in the crawl space and looked outside to see PePe sneaking out for a midnight snack. He ran out there, covered up the access hole with wire mesh, and pushed the freshly bated traps up against the hole. Who knew skunks liked smoked Italian sausage. She fell for it within 20 minutes. She was pissed and ran circles in the cage, but she didn't spray.

UNTIL....this morning when Skunk Dude came to pick her up. Not only did she spray, but she sprayed OUR AC UNIT!!!

I've been fighting tears all morning as I desperately try to rid my home of the poignant smell. I've scoured the internet looking for ways to battle the stench. AND, the AC hasn't even been on!

I'm just sick over this.

Apple Cider Vinegar, baking soda, dish soap. Tomato juice, Febreeze, Lysol. Coffee grounds. These are a few of my new favorite things.

I was supposed to be spending the day setting up my new couponing blog! Not, fumigating my house. Urgh! This stinks. Really REALLY stinks.

I know, I know, there are lots of worse things to worry about than a skunk smelling up your house... and in the grand scheme of life..yada yada...this too shall pass. But, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Then again, maybe I would. =;-l

No comments: