Friday, June 12, 2009

I am, smellin like a rose

If I jammed out (alone) in my truck to STP (Stone Temple Pilots), Pearl Jam or The Beastie Boys...would that date me?

I didn't think so, but apparently the preteen (ok, so maybe she wasn't PRE) driving her Mom's Escalade who pulled up next to me at a stoplight today thought so.

Her weird facial expression and eye roll gave it away.

It read, "What-ev-a! You're so 2000-late!"

And to that, I say, "Talk to tha hand, (insert eye roll and attitudy head roll), cuz this Girl ain't listenin'!"

2 comments:

PoetLady said...

I always hate it when that happens because honestly, I forget that I'm not...I forget I am old enough to look "stupid" enjoying a song. I still feel young!!!!

ChristinaJ said...

Funny thing, I think we always feel younger in our mind than we really are. Case in point, my MIL was telling me a story today about a friend of hers who is pregnant. I said, "Wow, how old is she?" She said, "Oh, she's my age." I said "WOW, she's in her sixty's and pg?" She got all red faced and said, "Oh, well, I guess she isn't MY age, she's in her 40's. I forgot that I'm in my sixty's". :)